Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Facilitation Reflection

Collier and Rodriguez Texts - Facilitation Week

Plus:

I like that I could related to this topic from a few different angles.  First, as a language teacher it was interesting to learn about and hear what works best as far as language learning.  Secondly, as a parent, of bilingual children (or at least that's the goal), it was definitely a topic I felt strongly about.  As always, a huge plus was our class discussion.  Our conversations always flow so effortlessly; it's really nice.  Although we did not go in the order we had originally planned, I think we did a good job of reading the classroom and altering our plans to go with the flow of the conversation.

Minus:

As was mentioned in class and as seems to be the theme throughout the semester, it was very hard to stick to the text.  I had so many personal stories (both from the classroom and my household) that I was dying to share, but tried to keep it as much to the text as possible.  Because we have all become so comfortable with each other, I think the tendency among all of us is to want to share personal stories - which I think is GREAT...it just makes it more challenging to stick to the text.

Delta:

I liked the shared doc that we did last class, I think we could have made a chart or something comparing a few different authors and all worked together in a common doc.  It would have been helpful/useful because then everyone would have the doc saved for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment